NYA Update: National Youth Agency enhances European youth offer
Friday, October 14, 2011
The National Youth Agency has enhanced its European offering to youth workers and young people after being awarded the national contract to promote EurodeskUK.
The contract will run until January 2012 and was awarded by the British Council. It will see the National Youth Agency working with a range of partners from England, Scotland, Ireland and Wales to provide information on European policies and opportunities for young people, and those who work with them.
The EurodeskUK contract will work together with the Youth in Action programme, which the NYA has been delivering for England since January 2011, promoting funding opportunities and providing application support to young people and youth organisations.
Fiona Blacke, National Youth Agency chief executive, comments: "We are delighted to be continuing our relationship with the British Council through the award of this contract.
"In this globalised world, we feel it is vital for young people and those who work with them to be able to freely access opportunities within Europe and have direct access to policy information that impacts on their work and lives."
Eurodesk was first established in Scotland in 1990 to provide a single mechanism for capturing and delivering all youth-related European information to all levels within the youth field, through different channels.
Eurodesk services, which will be promoted by the National Youth Agency for the UK, include:
- Free enquiry-answering and advice on European questions
- Fast access to European information online
- Information and news on the European Youth Portal
- Specially developed information tools and support for professionals working with young people
- Online discussion forum for professional workers
- Training courses for those who are working with young people and information
- Regular publications featuring European information for young people
- Promotion of European information.
To access information from Eurodesk UK and Youth in Action follow the National Youth Agency on Twitter (@natyouthagency), become a friend on our Facebook pages, sign up for alerts through firstname.lastname@example.org, visit www.europa.eu/youth or www.eurodesk.org.uk.