CYP Now's #Chances4Children campaign is giving practitioners, teams and leaders a platform to share the innovative, collaborative and heroic work that is taking place every day to improve the lives of children, young people and families.
Children have been largely spared the devastating health effects of Covid-19. Yet, the pandemic lockdown has disrupted many aspects of children’s lives, from school closures to rising food poverty. The trauma and isolation it has caused could have damaging effects on their wellbeing and life chances for years to come.
The pandemic is hitting disadvantaged children the hardest, with analysis suggesting the crisis could wipe out a decade of gains in narrowing the attainment gap.
CYP Now’s #Chances4Children campaign aims to:
- Raise awareness of issues that prevent children and young people reaching their potential
- Champion practice and initiatives to tackle issues from which others can learn
- Support children’s sector leaders in their work to support vulnerable groups
- Provide a platform for children and young people to share their hopes and aspirations
- Ensure the needs of disadvantaged children remain at the forefront of policymakers’ post-pandemic recovery plans
Be part of the @cypnow campaign - share examples of your good practice or celebrate the work of peers on Twitter by tagging #Chances4Children and send your stories to firstname.lastname@example.org