Get all issues promptly by mail
By Neil Puffett
| 28 September 2018
With MPs returning from their summer break and local authorities beginning preparations for next year's budgets, it has been a busy month in the sector. Here is a run-down of the most-read stories published on the CYP Now website in September.
1. Health visitors 'quitting over fears they are unable to protect children'
2. Councils plan £900m of cuts including children's services and early years
3. Council to close 46 children's centres and encourage community-run services
4. Zahawi: Government taking action to reduce number of children in care
5. DfE 'encouraging councils to shirk legal duties'
6. Quality early years provision 'leads to fewer emotional difficulties'
7. Ofsted relaxes inspections for struggling 'inadequate' councils
8. Struggling council outlines major cuts to early help and youth services
9. DfE to fund 'family holidays' in bid to reduce numbers of children in care
10. Ofsted criticises partner agencies for unnecessary child protection referrals
Tweets about CYPNow
By Graham Duxbury
By Pinaki Ghoshal
By June O'Sullivan
By Des Mannion
By John Poyton
© MA Education 2018. Published by MA Education Limited, St Jude's Church, Dulwich Road, Herne Hill, London SE24 0PB, a company registered in England and Wales no. 04002826. MA Education is part of the Mark Allen Group.