Examples of practice featured in the special report include:
- The Fostering Network's Mockingbird peer-support programme
- National Implementation Service's Keep Fostering training for carers
- Aberlour Fostering's social pedagogy approach
- Match Foster Care's delegation of statutory responsibilities.
Other articles in the 14 March 2017 edition of CYP Now include:
- Former YJB chief John Drew outlines the pros and cons of the government's planned overhaul of youth custody
- Sex and relationships education must be part of compulsory PSHE if it is to truly meet children's needs, says PSHE chief
- Analysis of key measures in the early years workforce strategy, and whether they will tackle the childcare recruitment crisis
- Recent withdrawal of play qualifications is the latest blow to undermine the sector, says playwork expert
- Youth mutuals boss identifies four principles for providers, commissioners and funders to deliver effective youth services
- Interview: Ross Hendry, chief executive of Spurgeons, on how faith in values is helping the charity support vulnerable families
Subscribe to Children & Young People Now to receive the fortnightly magazine, supplements and complete access to all content online.